Lake Havasu City, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: My husband didn't take the plea agreement but now he wants it can he get it again

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A Black
David A Black
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The short answer is maybe, maybe not. Defendants do not have a right to a plea agreement and when one expires it is usually solely within the prosecutor's discretion to re extend it. However, my personally experience is that if the prosecutor has not done too much extra work yet and trial is not too close, or if there are issues in the state's case, an offer can be re extended. He should talk to his lawyer of hire counsel ASAP.

Law Offices of David A. Black

40 N. Central Ave. #1400

Phoenix, AZ 85004

(480) 280-8028


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.