Chesapeake, VA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Delaware

Q: I became a displaced employee 6/1/11 and received unemployment. I was denied extended benefits.

I lost my job due to no fault of my own, became a displaced employee 6/1/11. I began receiving unemployment benefits until 5/26/12. I then was sent an ineligibility letter stating that in accordance with Virginia Code 60.2-614, I did not work 30 - 240 hours following the subsequent claim and will be ineligible until 99-99-99. How can I appeal this? I have reported all work searches weekly, been available and able to search for work, yet have not received any offers for part-time, temporary or full-time employment. I don't know what to do at this point.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman
  • Wilmington, DE
  • Licensed in Delaware

A: Does the letter actually say "ineligible until 99-99-99?" If it does, you should contact whoever sent you the letter and ask them to send a new letter with the correct date. When you receive the new letter, write again.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.