Redding, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for California

Q: I was convicted back in 97 and i am trying to finds copies of my appeal where would i go??

Back in 1997 i was convicted of L&L and my probation was revocted dominic eyhrabid attorny was my appeals attorny and i need copies of my appeal where would i go to get them?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Lee Marshall
Robert Lee Marshall
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in California

A: You would have to go to the court where the appeal was filed. Be prepared to pay about fifty cents a page to have documents copied. I'm not sure what you mean by "L&L," but generally appeals in misdemeanors are filed at the county courthouse where the conviction occurred, and felony appeals are filed in the California Court of Appeal for the district where the conviction occurred. You can find a list of the California Courts of Appeal, by county, at

Timothy V. Kassouni
Timothy V. Kassouni
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Your appeal attorney may still have your file at his/her office. Consider contacting the attorney for it. Depending on the nature of the case, they may still have it.

If not, contact the court where your appeal was heard.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.