Chandler, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: What could I do to avoid losing my Secured Appearance Bond and/or going to jail if I were to get cited for a DUI in AZ?

Also, if I were released from custody because I agreed to set someone up for a drug bust and then didn't, what would happen?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A Black
David A Black
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: As long as you follow release conditions, you should not lose your secured appearance bond. If you were out on release for some other offense and commit a new offense, you may lose your bond, but it is more likely that either nothing will come of it or you will have a change in your release conditions. I am not sure I completely understand your first question. Regarding the second question, you should speak with your lawyer. A deal like that should only have been made with the help of your attorney. I am sorry I cannot be of more assistance, but the possibilities are endless. You may be fine. They may re-instate prosecution. It really depends.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.