Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Can I search for criminal records for free for a Philadelphia resident who is creating havoc on our block?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Fishman
Brian Fishman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Sure. At least you can do a search to see if he/she has any criminal record in Philadelphia or even throughout PA. All you need to do is go to this public website at and tpe in their first and last name and then choose "criminal" for docket type & either put in "Philadelphia" for County or even leave it blank for a statewide search. If you see his/her name, scroll over the little magnifying glass to the left and choose "court summary" and it'll pull up the persons record and the disposition of any cases. This will not include juvenile matters.

I hope this helps. If your having problems or need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Brian M. Fishman

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.