Austin, TX asked in Medical Malpractice for Texas

Q: I was in the hospital getting over a heart attack. They put me on a bench and I fell and broke me neck c-2 vert.

They stopped billing me on the same day. I am still walking wit a walker almost two years later. I feel like I have a malpractice suit against them. I can not find an attorney to take the case and time is running out to file.I think this can be settled out of court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam T. Funk
Adam T. Funk
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Bellaire, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You are right that you only have two years to file a lawsuit against the hospital. There are a number of factors involved with this type of case and you should find an attorney as soon as possible if you still want to file a lawsuit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.