Tucson, AZ asked in Civil Rights for Arizona

Q: The Town has violated my civil rights with thir community policing how do i proceed?

I currently live in Tucson where I have recently been the victim of their "community policing". Yesterday it was brought to my attention that there was an article in the local paper how the police and local citizens are stalking those they consider active criminals. i can provide proof of their actions against me, how do i proceed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Strickman
Brian Strickman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Gilbert, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: In this type of situation you generally have to demonstrate that the police have violated a statute or constitution. A notice of claim must be filed, with the city that you seek to take action against, within 180 days of the incident, according to ARS 12-821.01. Since the question was asked in September of 2012, that time period has expired.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.