Glendale, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: What can I do to get charges lowered on forgery case?

I was arrested in Phoenix AZ using a fake ID. They charged me with Forgery, however the circumstances are this. My wallet was stolen and I found out my ex-wife was neglecting my children in South Dakota. I got the ID to get to SD through the airport and I was found quickly. I have a public defender but I don't know what he'll be able to do for me since i only see him 10 minutes before my arraignment. What can I do to get the charges lowered or dropped?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A Black
David A Black
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: It's not clear why you a fake to get through the airport, but I wouldn't go into any detail here about the alleged crime. If this is your first offense, you will likely have an automatic plea to a reduced charge and something less than a class 4 felony. If you have priors or are not willing to accept probation and feel you are innocent, you should hire somebody if you can afford it.

Law Offices of David A. Black

40 N. Central Ave. Suite 1400

Phoenix, AZ 85004

(480) 280-8028

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.