Walkertown, NC asked in Car Accidents for North Carolina

Q: 16 year-old daughter rear ended someone due to sun blinding her & defroster not working. Do I need to go to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Drew Barnett
Drew Barnett
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Birmingham, AL

A: Since your daughter rear ender someone else, sounds like your daughter is probably at fault for the accident. You should speak with your insurance company first. If a claim is filed against her, your insurer will likely provide counsel to defend the claim (at least up to amount of your policy limits). However, your insurance carrier may simply settle the claim before an attorney is needed. They should inform you of what to expect based on their current information. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.