Kings Mountain, NC asked in Constitutional Law for North Carolina

Q: Am I elegible for an attorney? I feel that my daughter was violated and my son was denied his right to be dismissed...

My kids were at school on halloween. We dont celebrate it because of our religious preference. The school invited a man to tell ghost stories and then he used several children to demonstrate a voodoo doll which is considered witchcraft and my daughter was one of them. We are against this 100%. He later visited the school of my son. When he began to use the Voodoo doll my son asked one of the teachers to be dismissed because he did not participate in such actions and that his father is a minister. The teacher told him to sit through the remainder of the session and that they could not discuss religion in school. He stated that he was very uncomfortable and he wanted to leave but the teacher would not allow him to do so.. I am furious!!!v Can something be done about this??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: Perhaps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.