Chicago, IL asked in Estate Planning for Illinois

Q: Where should I seek legal advice?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Sotelo
Stephen Sotelo
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Naperville, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: It's best to contact an attorney who practices in the area of law that you are seeking advice on. I see that you posted under "estate planning law," so I assume you have some need for advice in that area. Estate planning can involve relatively simple matters, such as drafting a will for a small to medium-sized estate, or it can involve more complex matters, such as analyzing inheritance/gift tax consequences, and exploring legal maneuvers for avoiding the same, usually reserved for larger estates. Most people fall into the first category and are likely to receive competent legal advice from any practitioner licensed in Illinois that practices some amount of estate planning. For the latter, you are likely better advised to seek counsel from a practice that dedicates a majority of their business to estate planning, with an emphasis in tax law. If you are interested, feel free to contact our firm to see if we can help. We might be able to at least send you in the right direction. ***Stephen Sotelo, The Fish Law Firm, P.C., 55 S. Main St., Suite 341, Naperville, IL 60540 (630)355-7590 *** This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or establish an attorney-client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.