Filed ch.7 in 2011 & want to add a debt i got in 2012. i lost my job due to injury can i add this to my ch.7?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Kathryn U. Tokarska

Answered 2 years ago

No, you may not add post-petition incurred debts to your previously filed bankruptcy.

David Siegel

Answered 1 year ago

No, you cannot add a post-petition debt. Thus, you are on the hook for the debt that you received after your filing in 2001.