Hillsboro, OR asked in DUI / DWI for Oregon

Q: I had a DUII in 1998 and another one in 1999 another in 2009. My license is now revoked. Can I ever get it back?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Beaverton, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It sounds like your driver's license for revoked for life. A "lifetime" revocation means that your driver's license is "permanently" revoked. But, after the passage of time, you may be able to get your license back. A skilled attorney can review your criminal history and explain DMV's regulations to you, so you know when and how you can get your license back.

***This is NOT legal advice. For legal advice tailored to your situation, contact an attorney.***

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Mount Vernon, WA

A: Multiple DUI offenses and other traffic violations may result in suspending your license indefinitely. In such instances the driver is considered an habitual traffic offender and the suspension of a driver license can be horrendously long. There is no easy way out of such a situation. It is highly recommended that the driver stop driving. Period. If the driver continues to drive and is caught, the hole gets deeper and deeper (never mind the risk of significant jail). However, if the driver does stop driving and waits a certain amount of time (at least one year), most State’s afford the driver a hearing to argue for early reinstatement. Finally, it is crucial to contact a local attorney familiar with the DMV/DOL who can counsel you and help you through the licensing quagmire. Best of luck.

Law Firm of David N. Jolly


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.