Claymont, DE asked in Animal / Dog Law for Delaware

Q: What to do if faulty search warrant is left in my apartment and my exotic pet is taken, whom I have a permit to own? DE

I have a Kinkajou, a lemur-like animal, for whom I have a permit to own in New Castle County, Delaware. An SPCA officer from Kent County came into my apartment and took my Kinkajou and gave him to the zoo. He told me that my permit is invalid and told me to donate him. When I got home to my apartment he left me behind a quickly typed out search warrant with no signatures or names. It looks fake to me. I was sent to an animal lawyer, and then a lawyer that deals with warrants. I called my local Fish and Wildlife, New Castle County and Kent County and they told me the same thing. He wasn't supposed to be in New Castle County. Please help me. I just want him back. I'm afraid that my Kinkajou isn't being taken care of because the SPCA officer had the audacity to tell me that I wasn't taking care of him and that he wanted to relocate him to a better home; the zoo. And then he asked me what does he eat. Please. I have no idea what to do. Thank you so much for your help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman
  • Wilmington, DE
  • Licensed in Delaware

A: You say you went to 2 lawyers. Can you tell us what they said?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.