Alameda, CA asked in Estate Planning for California

Q: My sis had my parents sign a trust and named herself as executor she had it made up for them and read it to them

She is also named as executor they both told me they werent sure what they were signing. a week later they cancelled it and my sister got mad then brought her husband down the next day and they ended up signing another one. Is there anything I can do about it or do I just shut up as a child of my parents

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Covina, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The best thing you can do about it is to have your parents get a lawyer who would represent them (and would not represent you or your sister). The lawyer could help them understand what they have signed and help them make changes that your parents think are fair.

Of course, you or your sister might still think the result is not fair, but at least you wouldn't have to worry that your sister is being sneaky, bullying your parents, or cheating you or your parents.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.