Huntsville, AK asked in DUI / DWI for Alabama

Q: DUI, no evidence, preliminary put off twice by prosecution lawyer says will be guilty and go to trial. Normal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Carl Perry Jr.
Richard Carl Perry Jr.
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: I would need a little more information to answer your question appropriately. First, there should be some evidence -- such as a police report. Even though the police report may not be admitted into evidence because of the hearsay rule, the police himself could testify as to what he observed. However, there are other factors that a defense attorney would consider to help you defend your case. Give me a call to discuss your options. A dui can haunt you for many, many years to come.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.