Can I have child support payed straight to me now that im 18. My father has to pay till im 19?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Roy Ching

Answered 2 years ago

Yes, you may be entitled to child support even though you are currently 18. California Family Code Section 3901 provides that parents' obligation to provide child support continues as to an unmarried child who has attained the age of 18 years, is a full-time high school student, and who is not self-supporting, until the time the child completes the 12th grade or attains the age of 19 years, whichever occurs first.