What can I do about my soon to be ex-wife who co-signed for my car, now wants me refinance, and for a much higher rate !

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Stephanie Thompson Pawuk

Answered 2 years ago

All of that should be part of the equitable distribution in your divorce case. If not, you really need to talk to your attorney, or hire one if you haven't. Just like home ownership when two married people are on the mortgage, one can't force the other to refiance unless it's part of your marital settlement agreement.