Can a spouse file for divorce in a county that neither party has ever lived in

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Paula J. Mcgill

Answered 2 years ago

The spouse can file for divorce in any county or state (wrong or right). In response to filing in a wrong venue, the other spouse should file for a motion to dismiss for improper venue. In this case, you should do this.