Can someone conducting an investigation shine lights at you in your home and remain around your property?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Sunil K Raju

Answered 2 years ago

If that someone is a police officer, there are strict limitations on what the officer can do on your property. The normal requirement is that to enter a person's property police must have a warrant, and if they do not have a warrant, they must believe that there is some specific justification to enter your property. If that someone is not a police officer, they may be trespassing on your property.

***This is NOT legal advice. For legal advice tailored to your situation, consult an attorney.***