How do i go about filing for a divorce?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

David Scott Heier Esq

Answered 2 years ago

You must file a complaint, affidavit of income and expenses, and affidavit of property if you don't have children. In Franklin County, all filings are submitted online as pdf files. You must go to the courthouse and the clerk of courts will assist you with scanning your documents and electronically filing them. You also file a request for service upon your spouse by certified mail with return receipt. If there are minor children of the marriage, there are additional documents to file and it becomes more difficult to do on your own without the assistance of an attorney.