Bozeman, MT asked in Medical Malpractice for Montana

Q: I was hospitalized for blockage after Drs, repeatedly sent me home from Er .is this malpractice?

After accident,concussion...initially was given enema,however the nurse put it in the wrong place, which I called and told patient services " who hung up on me.when I returned I also had infection and the same nurse was there. I said please bet another nurse if same problem. They sent me home to see dr. But did not tell me odpf blockage or infection, over a week until I could see my dDr. I live 40 miles away and this became life threatening .

I have high anxiety in ER .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert D. Kreisman
Robert D. Kreisman
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: From your description of your medical care, it seems like you may have experienced poor service, but probably not malpractice. Cases in medical negligence arise when the medical providers have deviated from the accepted standard of medical care and injured the patient. It's unclear to me how you ended up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.