Crossett, AR asked in Products Liability for Arkansas

Q: Im bein charged with accomplice possession of drig paraphanalia with intent to manufacture, how can they prove I knew

Continued: that the girl I was with was intending to not only cook meth, but had items pertaining to a meth lab on her person. I was driving. She also had drugs and rigs with residue in her purse that she claimed and im charged with accomplice to that and to Intent to ingest or introduce the drug into my body. I never knew, I never touched nothing, I was sober, they didn't drug test me, and I willingly gave them permission to search my ride, where they claimed to have found the items tucked under the seats of the truck. can I be charged with this and what is my best course of action. I am days away from my trial date. I have no prior felonies, and she is a repeat offender.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You need to consult with an attorney. Those are serious charges and they won't just go away. To answer your specific question, the word "prove" more correctly means "convinces the jury." So the question is really how can the prosecutor convince the jury that you were an accomplice who intended to use illegal drugs. You should consult with an attorney about the details of your situation. The attorney will assess how strong the prosecutor's case is and help you understand your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.