Pompano Beach, FL asked in Workers' Compensation for New York

Q: In auto accident at work owners of company telling everyone nothing happened have had no treatment over a year help ?

Have hospital report accident report workers comp number had to move to fl for work getting worse

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy A. Brune
Tracy A. Brune
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Licensed in New York

A: You have 30 days to provide notice to your employer, and you have two years to file a claim with the workers' comp board. The 30 day rule is flexible, particularly if you treated within the first 30 days following the accident (it sounds like you did). Regardless of whether your employer is now saying "nothing happened" you should immediately file a claim with the board. If you need treatment, you should immediately pursue it, and make sure your doctors receive a full history of the accident from you, and make sure that each provider submits the bill to your employer's comp carrier. If your employer is fighting the claim, there will be a hearing, and you will be able to tell your side of the story. The case gets a little complicated if you are residing out of state, but if the injury occurred in NYS or you are otherwise trying to pursue the claim in NY, get a local NY attorney to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.