Flower Mound, TX asked in Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: My mother has been given acreage in a warranty deed here in Texas can she assign or transfer this land to me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Edward J. Kazaleh
Edward J. Kazaleh
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: While it really depends on the Deeds, in most cases land (without a mortgage on it and no conflicting claims) is freely transferable and she can transfer if over to you.

You will just need a Deed drawn up, sign it, get it notarized, and take it down to record it at County Clerk's Deed Records office.

I can help you with all of the above usually for a low FLAT FEE.

Please contact us if you need assistance.


-----------Edward Kazaleh----------

EMAIL : propertylawyer@live.com -----------

WEBSITE: www.bizlaw.com


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.