Colorado., CO asked in Bankruptcy for Colorado

Q: I filed and was going to retain my current vechile and now decided I should surrender it how do I go about that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan M. Wood
Ryan M. Wood
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: First, you should consult with your bankruptcy attorney in case surrendering your vehicle has any implications in your bankruptcy case. If there are no issues with surrendering your vehicle, most car lenders can give you instructions on how (and where) to give it back. If you call the number listed on your most recent vehicle loan statement, they should be able to help you make these arrangements. Some lenders will have you take the vehicle to a local dealer, and some may send someone to pick it up from you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.