Chilton, AL asked in DUI / DWI for Alabama

Q: If someone has outstanding violations they are paying on in different counties and get arrested for dui what happens?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William E. Scully Jr.
William E. Scully Jr.
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Daphne, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: There are two basic possibilities. First: You may have a suspended jail sentence hanging over your head from those old cases. A DUI conviction could cause that suspended jail sentence to come crashing down on your head...IN ADDITION to whatever happens to you on the DUI case. Second: If you only have fines in the older cases then the DUI isn't going to hurt you badly in those cases. In this circumstance, here's what you have to worry about: The prosecutor in the DUI case is not going to look kindly on your driving record! Without more details, it impossible to give you a really good answer. Please take this answer as general guidance only. If you would like us to help you any further, you can go to my profile page and either call or email for a telephone consultation. There is no charge for an initial consultation of 30 minutes or less, and I don't bombard you with spam, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.