Kountze, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: Got DUI in CA moved to TX month later. Told not to show in CA court and would be guilty. Penalty would move 2 TX though.

Would it be better to show up in CA court and plead not guilty there or just "plead guilty" by not showing and have CA state transfer the penalties to Texas. That was what they had said. Was going to please guilty either way.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Phillip Wayne Goff
Phillip Wayne Goff
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Corpus Christi, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should consult with a CA attorney, whether one-on-one or on a forum like this. Texas attorneys are not usually in a position to advise you well on whether one choice is better than another for a CA case. There are many fine attorneys in CA for this kind of case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.