Montgomery County, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: What is he process in case of violating parole

Parole officer stated that my urine tested positive for meth. substance. I told her that i have never taken any kind of illegal drugs. I told her that i am on a antidepressant medication. i want to know what process parole has to follow to find you in violation of parole. will i get a chance to prove my innocence, or does the parole officer arrest me first. would i be granted a court hearing first before my arrest. what does the state law say.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Medvesky
Mark Medvesky
  • Souderton, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The PO will file a Parole Violation (PV) and a hearing will be scheduled. You have a right to be represented and prove you did not take an illegal substance. You should contact your attorney now and ready your case now because you could end up back in jail pending your hearing once the PV is filed.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.