Lansing, IL asked in Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: 19 old daughter arrested for battery and misconduct. But she didn't physically touch the person. What will happen in crt

She has never been arrested we live in Lansing IL.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David L. Freidberg
David L. Freidberg pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: If the complaining witness (victim) appears in court, then your attorney can ask for an offer from the State's Attorney so as to avoid a trial. That offer can range from court supervision to probation to jail time for up to 364 days. If you opt not to plea guilty, then the matter will be set for trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.