Delta Junction, AK asked in Military Law for Alaska

Q: If my roommate has military orders to leave the state. shes on the lease is the lease void

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William E. Scully Jr.
William E. Scully Jr.
  • Military Law Lawyer
  • Daphne, AL

A: The lease is not void. She can, however, get out of the lease. She has to provide the proper notice to the landlord, and she has to provide copies of the military orders. This, however, does not necessarily get YOU out of the lease. Check your written lease and see if there is a provision in it that allows you out of the lease. Probably not. See if you can find another roommate. Talk to the landlord and see if he or she can help. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.