Asked in Military Law for Florida

Q: Can that Article 15 come out of my OMPF and can I get my rank back?

I recieved a feild grade article 15 which took one grade from me E6 to E5 and was filled in my ompf restricted file for an infraction which I provided documents proving I did not commit the crime. I was sentenced to a seperation board on Dec. 6 which I won and recieved Retention due to lack of evidence to convict me. I was finally unflagged in March this year when I submitted forms in March 2014 to stay in my special assignment, I have not heard anything yet. Can that Article 15 come out of my OMPF and can I get my rank back?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Robert Jason De Groot

  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I do not know of any military lawyers who regularly answer questions on this site. Go see one.

Philip D. Cave

  • Military Law Lawyer
  • Alexandria, VA

A: Not at this point unless you can persuade the Army Board for Correction of Records to remove it. You have three years from the date of imposition to apply.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.