Beloit, WI asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Wisconsin

Q: What type of an attorney do I need if an insurance company had denied my husband payment of "loss of wages"?

on December 4th 2013 my husband fell and hit his ribs pretty hard while on the job. on Dec 9th he went to our local ER and ended up with a Dx of contusions to the ribs. He ended up going to the ER on 12/13, He was admitted with pneumonia and septic, he got worse and he ended up needing surgery. My husband was out of work for almost 4 months. His accident insurance company just sent a letter of denial. The insurance company denied coverage for the time off claiming that some pre-exiting medical condition caused his hospitalization. I have in writing 3 doctors who has been treating for up to the last 12 years, saying that the injury suffered on Dec 4th caused the hospitalization.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman
  • Wilmington, DE

A: Sounds like you need a workers comp lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.