Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Wisconsin Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Wisconsin on

Q: I feel that my insurance company delayed paying my claim and now I am out of a vehicle.

Accident was august 25th. Insurance company was fighting with the towing company for two months to get my car released. It finally got released but they deemed it totaled. The estimate was only 5000 to get it fixed but the cash value of the car was almost 8000. They didn't tell me where my car was... Read more »

Timur Akpinar answered on Nov 22, 2018

The facts mention a repair estimate and cash value but don’t go into the actual figure received. An attorney in your state reviewing the file could ask for additional information.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Wisconsin on

Q: What can I do about an insurance agent who falsified documents to have me charged with a crime?>

My roommate and I purchased a policy which I paid for. We had a fire at the home. The insurance agent deleted my name from the policy then turned in a report to the DA that I illegally obtained proceeds from the fire. My bank statements and original policy documents proved that to be false. The... Read more »

Frank Pasternak answered on Jun 22, 2018

Contact the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance at 1-800-236-8517 and file a complaint. Also, you may wish to call the local police department.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Wisconsin on

Q: What type of an attorney do I need if an insurance company had denied my husband payment of "loss of wages"?

on December 4th 2013 my husband fell and hit his ribs pretty hard while on the job. on Dec 9th he went to our local ER and ended up with a Dx of contusions to the ribs. He ended up going to the ER on 12/13, He was admitted with pneumonia and septic, he got worse and he ended up needing surgery.... Read more »

Charles Snyderman answered on May 26, 2014

Sounds like you need a workers comp lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.