Austin, TX asked in Child Custody for Texas

Q: I have two children in Mexico. They're currently with their father, he doesn't want to send them back to the U.S.

We had a verbal agreement that he would send them to me, now, he say's that will not happen. What can i do to not lose my children who are citizens of the U.S.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Spencer Richard McMullen
Spencer Richard McMullen
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Chapala, Jalisco

A: You may be able to have them sent back but depends on many circumstances such as where they were born, are they dual nationals, were you married, why did they go to Mexico, how long have they been there, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.