Detroit, MI asked in Family Law for Michigan

Q: Me and my fiancee what's to get custody of her daughter but she was adopted by someone else is there anything we can do?

We want our family together we have a baby boy together and we want to get custody of her daughter so we can be a family can you please help me!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly Lambert
Kelly Lambert
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If the child has been adopted, this can be very difficult to change. Much will depend on the age of the child and the circumstances surrounding the adoption.

You should schedule a consultation with an attorney where you can discuss all the details of your case, then they will be prepared to give you more accurate advice.

Kelly G Lambert III

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.