Nashville, TN asked in Family Law for Delaware

Q: Can a dad from Tn get his kids if the mom goes to jail in jersey and leaves the kids with her sick mom in Delaware

Mom and dad devorced and she moved to delawere and has coustody papers from Tn the mom has now went to jail in new jersey and left the kids in delawere with sick grandmother can he go get them even though he doesn't have costody at this time

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman
  • Wilmington, DE
  • Licensed in Delaware

A: This sounds like a difficult situation, and it's good that you are asking before taking matters into your own hands. I am not a family law attorney, and I recommend that if you do not hear back from someone who is, you should contact a Delaware attorney who specializes in family law. The consultation fee will be money well spent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.