Telford, PA asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania

Q: a lawyer is holding my parents will and the want to take it out of his hands and do another will how can this be done?

they want to do another will without this lawyer involved. If they do another will, will this one become void?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael J Girardi
Michael J Girardi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Lower Burrell, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The typical practice is to expressly revoke all prior Wills whenever a new Will is made.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.