Goose Creek, SC asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina

Q: How can CDV charges be dropped in SC if person arrested is a non us citizen??

The victim was pregnant at time of assault, but did not tell the police this,now there is no record or continued case. He is a flight risk and has the income to do so and also how can these be dropped just because he has the money to do so.?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew "Andy" Potter
Andrew "Andy" Potter
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Anderson, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: It is difficult to understand what you are asking. If the person charged was charged, you can get on the internet, go to the South Carolina Judicial Website, click on the county where the person was charged and run his name to see the status of the charge. That might give you some more information as to what is going on with the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.