Montclair, NJ asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey

Q: I am a US citizen and want to get my fiancee to US from india under fiancee visa. what are the requirements for that?

Do I need a lawyer for this process or is it something I can do it myself.

What is a better option fiancee visa v/s spouse visa. Which is faster and convinient ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tanvir Joshi
Tanvir Joshi
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Fresno, CA

A: Disclaimer: The following advice is for informational purposes only and should NOT be relied on as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed through these questions and answers. Check our website to contact us and discuss your case in detail.

It is recommended you hire an attorney to complete your application. However, if want to do the application by yourself, you can still hire the attorney for limited representation which means you can just hire the attorney to complete the complex parts of your application. Consult an attorney and discuss your case in depth who can explain you pros and cons of both processes.

Until you hire an attorney, you can refer to the following links to find more information about both processes:

Fiance Visa

Spouse Visa

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.