Azle, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: I am a former NH resident. I was convicted in NH of DWI. Can I get a Texas DL now?

I was sentenced a 9 month loss of license, an obvious fine, and was supposed to take an impaired drivers course to get my license back. I never did the course as I have moved to Texas

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna Summersett
Anna Summersett
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Texas DPS will usually be able to locate and consider your DWI convictions from other states. If you have a license suspension, you will be advise what courses (Like the DWI Education Course) you will need to complete to obtain your license. In the meantime, consult with a local attorney about obtaining an occupational license so you are not stopped for driving without a valid license.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.