Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: We got divorced in PR with 2 kids she remarried and so I did and i have a baby with my new wife. Can I reducemychildsupp

Getting out of military in 8 months, can she make my wife pay my child support if I don't find a job

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lcdo. Ivan M. Alers
Lcdo. Ivan M. Alers
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: There are few questions here.

The only way to determine if you can reduce your payment for child support is thru a new child support calculation process, counting in the new facts: new marriages and new son.

If the new spouse can be responsible for paying child support for you, it could be possible. Depends of the law in your state and if there are prenuptial agreements. Remember, in child support cases, child's best interest is always the North.

In general, if there are a substantial change in the circusntances of the parents or the child, a child support determination can be modified, always by the court or by the child support agency with jurisdiction, wich usually is where the child lives.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.