Baytown, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My daughter has 2 charges of credit card or debit card abuse and 1 charge of theft of property from elderly > 1500 <2000

She has bond forfeiture on the theft. She has priors. What would you estimate as a sentence?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher M. Lankford
Christopher M. Lankford
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The theft is a state jail felony, so the range is 180 days-2 years. It's impossible to predict where she might fall into that range. It would depend on the county, her prior history, and the facts of the case.

Also, she may be eligible for probation or even deferred adjudication. It's best to speak to local counsel about all of the options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.