Oklahoma City, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Can ex just decide to change what day we use to determine 5th or 1st wknd for visitation after 9 years?

We have always (for 9 yrs) used Saturday's date to determine if it was the 1st or 5th wknd of the month. I get the first 3 wknds. She gets 4th and 5th. Now that I would actually get my daughter on Halloween for the first time since 2008, she has decided to change it to Friday making it her 5th wknd rather than my 1st wknd of the month. What can be done about this? I know some sites do state that Friday determines the wknd, but our decree isn't clear, and I can't find one for Oklahoma. We have always gone by Saturday's date up until now and that is just because she wants to be selfish. My daughter cried and begged her to be able to go with my other children this year, but her mother doesn't care.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy J. Pickens
Timothy J. Pickens
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Depends, if you have a joint custody agreement then you probably have a good argument for keeping the schedule as it was.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.