Tulsa, OK asked in Divorce for Oklahoma

Q: Court order states that I must pay my ex money in 120 days.120 days from the judgment or 120 days from when we filed?

I am just needing to know If my 120 days start from the day the judge made his judgment or 120 days from when all parties, and the judged signed the document and it was filed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy J. Pickens
Timothy J. Pickens
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You should bring your document to a trusted attorney for them to review, specifically after checking the court docket for the court's corresponding minute order. The time usually starts ticking when a family court judge conveys an order. That is, when the order is verbalized to you by the Judge, even before it is entered in the record by the court. The verbal order gives you constructive notice and the verbal order is usually written and entered as a minute order by the court clerk. The time lag for a minute order to be drafted into an official order by one side or the other and then filed could be after the 120 days.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.