Pryor, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Is this illegal in Oklahoma?

17 year old girl has a child, decides to move back in with her biological mother, who lost all her rights, they were involuntarily terminated before her adoption. Her mother was deemed unfit. Child endangerment or something is wrong with this situation. Any laws being broken?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy J. Pickens
Timothy J. Pickens
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The 17 year old could be classified as an adult, (if she has been working, paying taxes, paying rent... giving birth to a child, raising the child). More information is required before any determination can be made as to whether the 17 year old or her baby might be at risk in this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.