Four Oaks, NC asked in Personal Injury for North Carolina

Q: Is this murder or vehicular homicide ?

Due to a motor cycle accident, my daughter lost her life., The driver was proven negligent. My daughters injuries were localized to her abd area and were so bad it killed her, she had no other injuries. The driver has given 4 different statements as to what happen and is denying the families right to have her belongings. They only knew each other a total of 65 days until the accident. Before the accident my daughter told me she was leaving him because he was mean to her. The driver walked away with only minor injuries. The driver called his son before calling 911. He has been charged with death by motor vehicle. But why isn't he being charged with something more serious? I feel in my heart that he and his son did something to her. I truly feel he is directly responsible for her death.. is there anything I can do to seek justice ? We have filed a wrongful death suit but is there anything else I can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nathan Hull
Nathan Hull
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: I would ask the attorney you retained for the wrongful death suit to contact the district attorney's office to see what is being pursued and why it is not a greater charge. Would have to know more to give more advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.