Fletcher, NC asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina

Q: I am being charged with metals/falsifying information on application,form or affidavit.? What should I do.?

My brother was dating a woman that had a vehicle that the motor was blown. Asked me to look at it to see if I may be able to fix the car. I was the third person she asked to do this. The car had been sitting for 2 years already, motor blown, animals made nest inside of it , seats torn, bad tires. Told thesignm it would cost to much to fix. Was told scrap it. Her and my brother broke up shortly after. She got mad at the separation and filed breach of trust on him and I got drug into it b/c I signed for the scrap. The car was also 17 years old. She got the money for what she told me to do. I have an affidavit from a person that lived with her at this time of the transaction that I am being charged with that discredits her story. Any advice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew "Andy" Potter
Andrew "Andy" Potter
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Anderson, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: You need to have an attorney represent you on the pending charges so that your rights can be protected. Only an attorney can clear up this mess and hopefully keep you from having a criminal record.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.