Warner Robins, GA asked in Family Law for Connecticut

Q: my husband filled a divorce he lives in connecticut and i live in georgia I know i need to file some forms but not sure

I filed an apperence form but dont know what other forms i need to file

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jerome N. Goldstein Esq.
Jerome N. Goldstein Esq.
  • Shelton, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: You do not say if your marriage includes children or not. If you do not want to retain a Connecticut family law attorney to assist you directly the court has a publication that may help you to better understand what you need to do. It is called "Do It Yourself Divorce Guide". Understanding what the guide says to do is not best to do without an attorney to assist you. The cost of an attorney in a divorce pays for itself if you have any alimony, support, or property distribution issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.