Middlebury, CT asked in Family Law for Connecticut

Q: I moved out of ct to az with my daughter,her father LIves in ct. There is no current Court order for visitation.

can he force me to return to ct.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jerome N. Goldstein Esq.
Jerome N. Goldstein Esq.
  • Shelton, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: That depends on the court orders in effect for your divorce, if there is a divorce. Many divorce agreements take this issue into account. If not, than the father can seek your child's return to Connecticut. You should either contact the attorney who represented you in your divorce, if a marriage and divorce were involved here, to answer this question or retain a Connecticut family law attorney and get this question resolved. You need proper court orders for custody and support to be sure your child's residency is correct and that you receive proper support for her care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.